Whether you want to switch podcast platforms or simply back up your subscription data, Google's Takeout function and Castbox's OPML Import feature can be nice choices for you to seamlessly transfer your listening history from Google Podcasts to Castbox.
Here are step-by-step instructions to export your Google Podcasts subscriptions and import them into Castbox:
Export Subscriptions from Google Podcasts
- To begin, visit Google Takeout in your web browser. Takeout allows you to download data associated with your Google Account in an archive file. On the Takeout page, there are two steps waiting to be completed.
*Please make sure you sign into the Google Account that you used to create the Google Podcasts account.
1. On the "Select data to include" section, check the box next to "Podcasts" under Products. This will include your podcast subscription data in the export.
2. Scroll down and go to the Next Step. Select the destination and choose the frequency. You can also decide the file type & size. And now you can create an export.
- Click "Create export" to initiate the export process. You will receive an email once the archive is ready for download if you choose to transfer the file to email. This may take some time depending on the size of your data.
- Once complete, locate the downloaded ZIP archive and extract the OPML file contained within. This file holds your exported podcast subscriptions.
You've come far in the export process. By visiting Google Takeout and selecting your podcast subscription data, you've completed the steps necessary to retrieve your listening history from Google Podcasts!
Import Subscriptions into Castbox
- Going forward, the instructions How can I import subscriptions from other podcast apps to Castbox? Try OPML Import! will guide you through intuitively importing this data into your new podcast player, Castbox. Please check and follow the article to import your subscriptions.
Your Google Podcasts subscriptions will now be imported into Castbox. You can access all your favorite podcasts in one place going forward without missing an episode!
Thank you for choosing Castbox as your podcast player and wish you the best in your future listening!
How can I import subscriptions from other podcast apps to Castbox? Try OPML Import!
Please go to Castbox app "Personal tab" - click "Settings" - scroll down, and you will see the "OPML Import" option, click it, and then following the instructions in the app. Android version: If you are using our purple version, you can click to ...
Explore your Castbox - User Guide
Hi, thank you for choosing Castbox! Take a screen tour to know your Castbox better. Home page When you open your Castbox, the first screen that you see is the home page. 1. Discover tab - there are lots of recommendations/suggestions. 2. Community ...
Does Castbox support Chromecast and Google Home? (Android)
Yes, you can click an episode to play, and on the right corner of the Now Playing page, you can see a “cast” button, thus when your phone and Chromecast/Google Home connect to the same Internet, that episode could be cast. Still can't find what ...
What is Castbox Premium/membership? How can I subscribe to it?
Castbox Premium is the paid version of the app with the following premium features. a) No ads (visual). You won’t see any graphic ads or video ads while launching the app or anywhere else in the app. b) Unlimited subscriptions. Free users are limited ...
How can I cancel my Castbox membership/premium subscription?
1. Google Play Store a) Launch the Google Play Store app on your Android phone. b) Click your avatar - Subscriptions - tap Castbox to cancel it. Here is the link from Google Play about how to cancel, for more details, please ...